Setup & Change Default Browser: Android is capable of doing many things. It is an open-source code OS, which means that anyone having the source code can use it on any android device. Android lets a user download a variety of apps. It lets the users download files from internet browsers, connect the device to another device via a Bluetooth or Wifi connection and transfer files.
How To Setup & Change Default Browser
Android users can change the display or outlay of their devices as well. By installing a third-party launcher app, the users can edit the default settings and outlay of their phones. Apart from changing the default icon, you can change the default homepage of the inbuilt internet browser in your device.
For changing the outlay of the screen of your Android device, you must have a third-party launcher app. Without a launcher app, you just can’t change the outlay of your screen. However, for changing the Homepage of your web browser, you don’t need any additional app. All you need is a short trick to follow to Setup & Change Default Browser. We have discussed that trick in our article below.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/
In today’s arena, mostly, everyone has a Smartphone. Now, whenever you open your web browser, a web page opens up every time. This webpage, which opens up on its own, is known as the default webpage.
Now some of us may love the default webpage of the browser. It is because it helps us search for our query easily. However, many people don’t like their default webpage. They don’t like it because their default webpage makes it difficult for them to browse the internet. Every time they try to search for something, a default webpage opens up, which first asks them to close it and then search for their query. It requires the users to invest a bit extra time in doing something.
But what if we told you that you could change the default homepage on your web browser on Android? Yes, you heard it right. Now you can make searching for things on the internet much easier.
content://com.android.browser.the home syntax is here to help you. This syntax has a default homepage stored in it. In every web browser, the default homepage stored this only, and the users can change the default homepage according to their use and ease.
How To Change Default Homepage on Google Chrome
As discussed above, you can now change the default homepage on your internet browser. With the help of the syntax content://com.android.browser.home it is now possible for the users to edit the default homepage on their Android Browser:
- On your Android device, open Google Chrome Web Browser. If you look at the top right side of the screen, you can see three dots. Tap on these three dots.
- Now, tap on Settings. Below Basics Section, you can see an option for the Homepage. If you are not able to see the Homepage option, then edit the webpage by Method-II. If you can see, then proceed through this method.
- When you tap on the homepage option, you can see the Open This Page option. Tap on this, and a new page appears.
- You can see a box written as open on this page. Below you can see a field to enter the webpage. Enter the desired website, the one that you want to use as your Homepage.
- Tap on Save to set the Homepage as your default webpage.
How to setup content://com.android.browser.home/ custom page in home browser
In case you are not able to view the homepage option on your Chrome browser, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome browser on your phone. Now in the web address bar search chrome://flags/
- On the new web page, search for Force Enable Home Page button. Now enable the option and reopen the Chrome Web browser.
- Upon reopening, you see the Homepage button.
- Now, tap on the Homepage and edit the default webpage.
How to Setup & Change Default Browser on Android
Whenever you try to open a link, a default browser is always there to open the link. Many of us are already comfortable with the default web browser. But still, some people don’t want the default web browser set on the phone. Instead, they use a new web browser. If you want to set your frequently used web browser as your default browser or Hidden Android Tool to Configure Homepage then you may follow these steps:
- On your device, tap on Settings.
- Now navigate to the Installed Apps option on the device.
- Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen and tap on Default Apps.
- Now, look for the Browser option and choose the preferred web browser.
- That’s it. You have done on saving your favorite web browser as your default web browser.
Android is already capable of doing a lot of things for its users. Apart from changing the outlay of your phone, you can also set a default web page for your web browser. Just follow some steps, and you get it on your device. You can set a default webpage for the website. Or one can Setup & Change Default Browser for any links you want to open from any other app like messages, etc.